OUR ADMISSION CYCLE FOR THE AY 2021/2022 IS NOW OPEN
READ THE INFORMATION BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY
Applying to the KGSP
Step 1 - Eligible students receive an invitation to apply to the KGSP.
How do students receive an invitation to apply to the KGSP?
- Mawhiba (King Abdulaziz and his Companions Foundation for Giftedness and Creativity)
- The Saudi Research Science Institute (SRSI)
- The International Olympiad Program
Can students apply to the KGSP if they are not nominated by one of the above partner organizations?
What are the invitation qualifications requirements for students not nominated by a partner organization?
- Saudi Arabian national
- In Grade 12 (completing the final year of high school)
- Grade 11 high school Grade Point Average minimum of 95/100 or equivalent
- Meet one of the following English Language requirements
- TOEFL iBT total score of 80
- IELTS total score of 6.5
- SAT English total score of 650
- Meet one of the following Standardized Testing requirements
- Qodorat total score of 87
- SAT Reasoning scores of 700 (mathematics) and 1200 (total)
When are invitations to apply sent?
Non-nominated students who submit the KGSP Interest Form and meet all invitation qualification requirements will receive an invitation to apply.
What should students do if they have additional questions about receiving an invitation to apply?
Step 2 - Students complete an online application and in-person interview.
How do students apply for the KGSP after receiving an invitation?
Are all applicants required to attend an in-person interview?
Are applicants required to submit an English language exam score?
Yes. All candidates must possess a strong command of written and spoken English, demonstrated by meeting a minimum score requirement in either the TOEFL iBT or IELTS language test:
• Option 1: TOEFL iBT test total score of 80 or above
• Option 2: IELTS test total score of 6.5 or above
When are the application deadlines?
- SAT scores (if available)
- English test score result
- Required Forms (available for download from the KGSP online application page)
- Guardians’ consent form
- Copy of passport and national ID
- Tahselie test score
- Qodorat test score
- High School Grade 10, 11, and 12 (first semester) Transcripts
Step 3 - Students receive the KGSP decision.
What qualities does the KGSP Admissions Committee look for in successful applicants?
How are students notified of application decisions?
Can students appeal a KGSP admissions decision?
Why is the KGSP offer of admissions conditional?
Step 4 - Students accept the KGSP offer and register for orientation.
How do students accept their KGSP Offer of Admission?
What else do students need to do at the time of offer acceptance?
Step 5 - KGSP Students receive the KGSP Final Offer Letter.
How do recipients of a conditional offer qualify to receive a final offer?
• Final high school transcript (post-graduation)
• Highest Qodorat test score
• Highest Tahsili test score
The KGSP Admissions Committee evaluates high school performance and test scores before issuing letters of full admission. Students who meet the criteria outlined in the Conditional Offer Letter will then receive a KGSP Final Offer Letter, and must submit acceptance of this final offer.